At LG, we share and believe in two key corporate management philosophies “Creating Value for Customers” and “Respecting Human Dignity.” Based on these philosophies and in the spirit of our Management Charter, we strive to promote autonomous management along with its accompanying responsibilities.
Our interest is to uphold the tenets of the free market economy, which embodies the spirit of free and fair competition. Committed to attaining our goal of becoming a world-class global company, LG will continuously pursue mutual benefits of our stakeholders on the basis of trust and cooperation. We hereby resolve to adhere to our Code of Ethics as a standard for moral conduct and judgement of values.
Our customers form the foundation of our business, and LG will always highly regard and respect their views. We seek to earn unconditional trust from our customers by continuously providing them with practical values.
- 1. Respecting Customers
- We value the opinions of our customers and validate their true needs at all times. We regard our customers as the primary standard for our decisions and conduct.
- 2. Creating Value
- (1) We work hard to create value for our customers. Through customer satisfaction, we can build the foundation of our sustainable prosperity.
- (2) We continuously create practical value that fully benefits and satisfies our customers.
- 3. Providing Value
- (1) We are always true to our customers and never fail to keep our word.
- (2) We offer the highest quality products and services at affordable prices and respond to our customers' requests with speed and accuracy.
In all its business activities worldwide, LG shall gain competitive advantage through fair methods, respecting the laws and regulations of each region.
- 1. Pursuing Free Competition
- (1) We uphold the principles of the free market economic system and pursue open competition around the world. We earn our customers' trust through top-quality products and services.
- (2) We compete fairly and capably with our competitors and do not interfere with their interests or exploit their weaknesses.
- 2. Complying with Laws and Regulations
- We conduct our domestic and overseas business activities in strict accordance with local laws and regulations, and with respect for local business customs.
All business transactions are based on the principles of fair competition, with equal opportunity guaranteed to all entities. We build trust and cooperative relationships through fair and transparent transactions. Such relationships are built based on long-term mutual growth.
- 1. Equal Opportunity
- (1) We offer equal opportunities to all qualified companies seeking to become our business partners.
- (2) We register and select all applicants in a systematic manner, following a fair and objective evaluation process.
- 2. Fair Transaction Process
- (1) We conduct all business transactions under equal circumstances. The terms and procedures of the transaction are thoroughly discussed between the parties involved.
- (2) We never engage in any form of unfair transaction taking advantage of any superior position.
- (3) We exchange transaction information through appropriate procedures in a timely manner. Transaction results are evaluated on a regular basis and mutual cooperation measures are taken.
- 3. Pursuing Mutual Growth
- (1) We support the long-term growth of our dealers and vendors by enhancing their competitiveness through technological and managerial assistance. We share the profits derived from business innovations.
- (2) We pursue mutual efforts and cooperate with our business partners in promoting a healthy business environment and maintaining fair business processes.
Based on strong beliefs in honesty and fairness, LG employees must build righteous values, continuously self-develop and perform their duties in a fair manner to achieve their given mission.
- 1. Basic Ethics
- (1) LG employees take pride in the company and always maintain honesty and fairness.
- (2) LG employees have a high standard of morality and continuously strive to maintain their personal dignity and the company's honor.
- 2. Accomplishing Mission
- (1) LG employees accomplish their duties in accordance with the visions and policies of the company.
- (2) LG employees carry out their assigned duties in the best possible and fairest manner while observing relevant laws and regulations.
- (3) LG employees protect and preserve company property and maintain confidentiality on information gained during employment.
- (4) LG employees openly communicate and cooperate with colleagues and related departments to enhance work efficiency.
- 3. Self-development
- LG employees understand the meaning of an ideal employee and constantly strive to meet these standards through self-development.
- 4. Fair Handling of Job
- (1) LG employees carry out their duties based on honesty and fairness, always seeking to contribute to fostering a sound business culture.
- (2) LG employees do not accept any form of financial benefits from stakeholders, which can influence their clear judgment.
- (3) LG employees do not engage in immoral or unethical behavior, as defined by social norms, in performing their duties or living their personal lives.
- 5. Avoiding Conflict of Interests with the company
- (1) LG employees avoid personal behavior or relationships that are in conflict with company interests.
- (2) LG employees do not use company property to pursue their personal interests.
All employees are respected as a dignified individual. They will be treated fairly according to their abilities and achievements and encouraged to express their creativity to its full extent.
- 1. Respecting Humanity
- (1) LG treats each employee with warmth and trust and values every individual's dignity.
- (2) LG makes every effort to help employees feel pride and personal fulfillment by giving them a sense of ownership in their jobs.
- (3) LG has established regulations and educational guidelines and takes necessary actions to assist employees in performing their duties in a fair and effective manner.
- 2. Fair Treatment
- (1) LG offers equal opportunities to all its employees based on their abilities and talents.
- (2) LG evaluates the abilities and performance of its employees using fair means and rewards them accordingly.
- 3. Promoting Creativity
- (1) LG makes every effort to create a working environment conducive to creative thinking and autonomous behavior.
- (2) LG actively develops employee abilities and manages its human resources based on a long-term plan.
- (3) LG respects personal lifestyles and creates a developed organizational culture through mutual trust and understanding.
To protect the returns of shareholders, increase the well-being of citizens, and contribute to social development, LG will grow into a strong and sound company through execution of business operations based on rational decisions.
- 1. Rational Business Operation
- (1) LG conducts its business respecting local and international values.
- (2) LG promotes its business expansion based on stable corporate growth.
- 2. Protecting Shareholder Returns
- LG protects its shareholders' interests by earning healthy profits through effective management.
- 3. Contributing to Social Development
- LG contributes to national and social development through job creation, tax contributions, and the promotion of cultural and welfare programs.
- 4. Conservation of the Environment
- LG works hard to prevent environmental pollution and employs every measure necessary to preserve the natural environment.